October in Bavaria



I've been hanging out with my friends in southern Germany, eating, drinking and generally having fun. So no recipe and precious little text, but you can see from the photos what my preoccupations are even when I am away from you my blog pals.



What's  little weisswurst between friends?



LeberKase - no liver no cheese, but totally scrummy with German mustard..


A walk in the Black Forest? No actually, but not that far away...



Someone enjoying a beer at Oktoberfest...can't think who...



and a few more...


In the kaiserschwarrme tent....



Pumpkins galore!!!


I picked these my own self...my very own self..


Our daily bread...



and there was a new baby in the house too!!!




3 comments:

Manu said...

Beautiful photos!

Mary Beth said...

Lucky Liz! My scientist brother just came back to the USA after six months in Leipzig and was in heaven with their breads, sausage, and beer. He is also a baker and sausage maker, but had no need to do either while he was there.

Your photos only enhance what he's told me of the experience!

The stork "totem"- that is too precious! What more can you tell us about that practice?

Enjoy your holiday! Thanks for keeping us in the loop.

Unknown said...

Ah well - the stork was for baby Luca who was born in the summer and one of the reasons I went for the second time this year was to make his acquaintance. If you have a new baby then your friends buy one of these lovely things and put it up in your garden! It tells everyone that the baby has arrived, what it's called and gives congratulations to the new parents. It's a lovely tradition..and as for the food, its wonderful. The bread is better than anywhere I've ever been including France and you can see the variety! And as for the beer..well....